Fenton Park Bible Church had its establishment going back to the turn of the century in the early 1900’s. Back then a Mr. C F Goodson used to visit every home in Rotorua. Mr. Goodson gifted a house on a site in Eruera Street, and this was where the Rotorua Open Brethren met, in what was called Bethesda Hall.
In the 1950’s the Assembly moved to a new building which they built on freehold land in Ranolf Street. The building was named Ranolf Street Gospel Chapel. The Ranolf Street site became too small and an outreach began in the late 1950’s at what is now known as Roosevelt Road Bible Church.
A short time later, Ranolf Street sold up and moved to the existing site on the corner of Ward Ave and Hilda Street in Fenton Park. In 2005 FPBC purchased the property at 40 Ward Ave for admin and ministry purposes.
Since its beginning, the church has maintained a strong commitment to the Word of God and to imputing the community with the gospel. Over the past century God has used many individuals and ministry groups from this church to further the work of His kingdom. Today, our focus is to continue that legacy in order to bring glory to God in everything we do and say.
FPBC is NOT associated with the Exclusive Brethren church.